Make sure you check the labels at the bottom of each post to see where the conference notes are from!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Calluses, Blisters & Fungus: Oh My!

Calluses, Blisters & Fungus: Oh My!
Protecting our feet from war wounds

Section 1 ~ Calluses

Definition:  A hardened area

Caused by: irritation, pressure, friction

Do I have a callus? 

Do these affect my ability to carry the Good News? When I am hardened God can not use me.

Section 2 ~ Blisters

Definition: A raw spot (tender)

Caused by: friction, repetitiveness, hot & cold (being under fire or the cold shoulder), chemical exposure (opposing views), irritation

Do I have blisters? 

Blisters leave us open to infection. We get hurt so we disconnect.

Section 3  ~ Fungus

Definition: contagious, spreading germs that cause disease

Caused by: availability of a warm, dark place

Do I have fungi?

Occurs when our defenses are down, moves on to stinking thinking, then gossip, and ultimately to disunity.

Cycle looks like this:

Starts out feeling included
Something doesn't feel right (gossip, strife, or disunity)
Division
Cover it Up, Hide it (no truth in love)
Things have to be cleaned up

This was just a general overview of things to be watchful for. As with any of these issues, if you notice one starting to develop, you have to stop it immediately.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash