Make sure you check the labels at the bottom of each post to see where the conference notes are from!

Monday, October 19, 2009

The question that got me and the statement that made me mad

Ok. so there was this one moment during the conference, and it was so impactful for me that I had to seperate it out.

Exodus 33:1-3 (NIV)

Then the LORD said to Moses, "Leave this place, you and the people you brought up out of Egypt, and go up to the land I promised on oath to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, saying, 'I will give it to your descendants.'  I will send an angel before you and drive out the Canaanites, Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites. Go up to the land flowing with milk and honey. But I will not go with you, because you are a stiff-necked people and I might destroy you on the way."

Shelley had us consider this:

If we could have it all... perfect marriage, perfect children, no debt, great financial situation, great job, amazing ministry and all with no trials, no trouble, no heartache, and we could even have our salvation and place in heaven assured, would we take it?

Would we take it if it meant never having fellowship with God again?

Did you think, even for a second, maybe even in what you thought was a joking way..."well, maybe?"

wow.

Have we placed our comfort and our desire to have our own way, our need to "get out of the fire" over the joy of knowing that we have that intimate fellowship with God whenever we want it? Would we really trade that fellowship for a life free of strife?

My perspective has NOT been focused on the right thing.

Later she said...

Satan wants to kill as many birds with one stone as possible. How can he do this? He goes after the leaders. If he can take the leader down, he knows that he can take a lot of people with him.

This really made me angry. Satan is really good at what he does, and because we keep taking our focus off of God, and allowing worldly influences to lead us, we are playing right into his hand!

I have been guilty of it as well! Not necessarily following that leader, but in allowing my perceptions of what they do and how they act to allow me to get to places of bitterness, distrust and distance.

It was a real eye-opener for me, in the fact that I have been trying so hard to shore up my defenses, and I see a whole area of my life that I had left wide open!

I pray that you have not been to the places I have, and if you have, or still are there, that you would begin the process of giving that to God. I say process because I am still in the day-by-day, sometimes minute-by-minute phase. I allow people to hurt me way too easily.

Just wanted to share these things with you.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash